This accessibility statement applies to Betws Community Council’s website.
This website is run by Betws Community Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text without using your own style sheet to over-ride the website settings
- some older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
We’ll consider your request and get back to you within 30 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact the Clerk to the Council by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Betws Community Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the exemptions listed below.
It would place a disproportionate burden on the council to make the website fully accessible. Please see https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2018/952/regulation/7/made
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
- Some older PDFs may not be easily read by screen reader technology due to the juxtaposition of the Welsh and English languages.
- Some older PDFs may contain screenshots of documents which cannot be read by screen reader software.
The cost of recreating these PDFs would place a disproportionate burden on the council. Please see https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2018/952/regulation/7/made
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 25th August 2020. It was last reviewed on 4th January 2021.
This website was last tested on 25th August 2020. The test was carried out by the Clerk to the Council.
We used this approach to deciding on a sample of pages to test:
We tested all HTML for compatibility with the Accessibility Regulations.
We tested a random sample of two Council Minute PDF documents and two Agenda PDF documents for each year listed for compatibility with the Accessibility Regulations.